From My personal experience (I have been working with inversion tables for more than 6 years now) only a handful of models are worth your time and investment.
One of the worst mistakes a consumer can make is buying a cheap or used inversion table without proper market research.
The Price of inversion table ranges from $200 to $500, and in the end, you get what you pay for.
Buying a cheap inversion table can be Very Dangerous – because usually they are made from low quality materials that can break while you’re using it!
That Why it’s extremely important to buy a high quality inversion table – One that is made out of high quality materials, has comfortable back pads, decent motor, and the capability to set the inversion degree.
Top 10 inversion tables for (December 2021)
So what is the best inversion table? What should I buy?
I have done an in-depth research of the hundreds of inversion tables that are offered in the market today. I went over every option starting from the lowest price up to the most expensive ones, and I believe this is the most accurate, comprehensive and up to date guide on all the inversion table in the market.
The inversion tables are rated from top to bottom, those on the top are the best ones!
And if you want to do your own research, I prepared a 12-Point checklist of factors that you must consider before buying your next inversion tables (appears after the reviews)
So Let’s get started, Shall we?
1) Teeter Hang Ups EP-560 – Buy On Amazon
If you are looking for an inversion table, you will be hard pressed to find a better option on the market than the Teeter EP-560 with Back Pain Relief Kit. Teeter in and of itself is already a well-known brand for inversion tables, but the Teeter EP-560 with Back Pain Relief Kit really is best in class.
At first glance, you might feel a bit overwhelmed looking at the Teeter EP-560, but this inversion table is top-notch and easy to operate.
Well, Why did we choose Teeter EP-560 to be first on our list?
First, Its Safe.
Teeter EP-560 is the safest inversion table and the only one that is covered by UL 1647 standard for Motor-Operated Massage and Exercise Machines. Teeter is the only inversion table brand that has successfully received this standard, and it means a lot – the safest inversion table in the market currently.
It’s extremely comfortable – The tether strap makes it easy to use and there are pre-set inversion angles up to 60 degrees to make operating it a breeze. This inversion table also comes with non-skid stabilizers to keep it rooted in place.
Teeter EP-560 comes with an amazing lumbar bridge and it definitely provides a better stretch of your back ,and you can adjust to any height you feel convenient with , which is awesome!
It’s has an awesome EZ-Stretch Traction is excellent for novice users, who like to use this table in a small angle, but decompress as like they were fully inverted.
It’s sturdy and perfect for heavy users – Speaking of sturdy, the frame of the Teeter EP-560 is a solid 67 pounds and is constructed with heat-treated carbon steel. It might be heavy to move around, but this inversion table is able to accommodate an impressive 300 pounds of weight capacity.
The Teeter EP-560 seems larger and at 59″ high and 29″ wide it is. Thankfully, it is easy to fold flat for storage. Simply pull the spring loaded pin and slide the height adjusting part into the backrest frame sheath. You can release the pin there to secure it in place. Then rotate the bed until it lines up with the crossbar of the frame. It’s as simple as that.
If you are looking for a great inversion table, the Teeter EP-560 with Back Pain Relief Kit is a great option. In fact, it’s the best option available on the market.
So Let’s Sum it up!
- Easy to use Ergo-Embrace ankle locking system that distributes weight around your ankles evenly
- Sturdy construction with a solid heat-treated carbon steel frame that makes it safe and durable
- Ankle Comfort Dial makes inversion table a good option for any type of foot
- Can accommodate up to 300 pounds with a strong frame
- Works for users between 4’8” and 6’6”
- Essential components (self-locking hooks, roller bearings, and cam locks) are great quality
- Pre-set inversion angles up to 60 degrees for easy operation
- Instructional DVD with step by step directions for an easy assembly
- The product is backed by a 5 year warranty
- Tether strap is only able to be used up to 60 degrees due to length, but most users would prefer having the added safety feature even during a full inversion
2) IRONMAN Gravity 4000 Highest Weight Capacity Inversion Table – Buy On Amazon
Ironman gravity 4000 is one of the best selling models in the market – and for a very good reason!
When you’re looking for an inversion table, One of the key elements you’re looking for is comfort. This Inversion Table is one of the most comfortable options on the market.
Whats the deal?
First, It has memory foam padding for your back that is upholstered in PVC. If you don’t know, memory foam is used in mattresses which offer superb support and comfort. Those mattresses are sold in a much higher price then regular ones. Memory foam secures your backbone and let you body sink in place and gives you amazing and comfortable feeling!
Second , the IRONMAN Gravity 4000 Highest Weight Capacity Inversion Table has ergonomically molded cushions for your ankles. That means the part of your body holding your weight up will be comfortable and allow you to relax and enjoy all of the benefits that this inversion table has to offer. With an easy to use ratchet ankle locking mechanism, you can also rest easy know that you won’t fall while using it.
Another great features its ankle lock. It is comfortable, safe and easy to use. It’s called ‘Palm Activated’ adjusting locking system and its patented exclusively to the Ironman 4000. You just lie on the bed, relax and pull the ratchet until it locks on your legs.
And finally safety.
This table is totally safe. It comes with rubberized stabilizers on the bottom that provide a secure, non-slip base. This means it won’t wobble during use and it also keeps your floors from being damaged.
Because of its adjusting locking system and its safety and firmness we think that this is one of the best inversion tables in the market!
A final but important note – it is the best table for heavy people – the weight limit for this product is 350 pounds, and its also perfect for tall people it has an adjustable height limit of up to 6 ft. 6”.
- Best inversion table for heavy users It Supports up to 350 pounds
- An amazing Exclusive ‘Palm Activated’ ankle locking system
- Takes just 30 minutes to complete assembly
- Heavy steel constructed frame for durability
- Quickly folds up for easy storage
- Removable lumbar support
- Provides a full vertical inversion to 180 degrees
- Very Firm, sturdy and steady
- Affordable, worth its price
- Very heavy unit, extra care should definitely be taken when moving it
- Wide frame makes it a large piece of equipment even after folding for storage
3) Innova ITX9600 Inversion Table – Buy On Amazon
Coming in second on our list of the best inversion tables is the Innova ITX9600. This inversion table is a budget option, but you will be wowed by the quality you experience with the Innova ITX9600. Not only does this inversion table have a sturdy frame, but it is also easy to assemble and use.
When you’re looking at an inversion table the main thing you want is something that is both safe and comfortable. The Innova ITX9600 delivers on both. With a strong frame constructed with heavy gauge steel, this inversion table has a sturdy base that will give you peace of mind while you’re hanging in an inverted position. There is no wobble while you are using it, which is something that cannot be said for every inversion table.
In addition to having a safe and secure base, the Innova ITX9600 is also comfortable. The padding is exactly where you want it, under your back, on the handlebars, and ankles, and there are no uncomfortable angles or hard edges to worry about.
In addition, almost every aspect of the table is adjustable so you can find the perfect position. That means you can adjust the inversion table to your height and weight, creating a custom and comfortable experience while inverting.
And its design is just awesome!
When it comes to design, that’s another area that the Innova ITX9600 excels in. This table utilizes an adjustable pin system that allows you to easily select your desired inversion angle. This beats that strap adjustment mode that many other inversion tables utilize. It simply is not as efficient as the pin system that the Innova ITX9600 features.
What really sets the Innova ITX9600 apart from other budget inversion tables is the exemplary ankle support. This is a crucial part of any inversion table and Innova ensures that you feel comfortable and safe while using it. The thick foam rollers on the ankle support are extremely comfortable and they are positioned perfectly to allow for easy getting in and out. Especially compared to other inversion tables at this price point, the Innova ITX9600 ankle support is unparalleled.
For those wanting a high quality inversion table without a massive budget to follow, the Innova ITX9600 might be just the product you are looking for.
- Sturdy frame can support up to 300 pound weight capacity
- Inversion table is constructed with heavy gauge steel and has a solid base
- Cheaper than most other models while still offering great quality
- Utilizes an adjustable pin system that makes it easy to shift to different inversion positions
- Comes partially assembled and takes just 30 minutes to complete the entire assembly
- Thick foam rollers on the ankle support make it comfortable to use
- Able to accommodate users up to 6’6” tall
- Only comes with a one year warranty
- This is a budget inversion table and does not come with the fancy accessories that higher end tables come with
4) Exerpeutic Inversion Table – Buy On Amazon
Exerpeutic offers a great unit that you can get at an affordable price tag, without having to compromise on quality, safety and results.
It’s Extremely comfort. This table has ¾” of soft foam padding on the backrest, covered in easy to clean vinyl. Plus, the ankle cushions are great. They provide a comfortable measure of security for while you are inverting. They’re so great that you won’t feel any movement or sliding like you might with other inversion tables
On top of this, you can adjust the height on this product between 4 feet and 10 inches to as long as 6 feet and 6 inches. This unit really offers a good range of features that allows users of varying weights and heights to be able to use this product.
It has double handle bars which are pretty long. That allows you to comfortable get on and off without struggling. Honestly, this is a crucial feature for an inversion table, especially for people with back issues.
It is sturdy and secure made of thick, square steel that supports a weight of up to 300 pounds. The whole unit is supported by a strong 57 by 27 by 46.6 inch frame.
Not only is it sturdy and secure, but it is also easy to put away. Who wants to leave a bulky inversion table out for when friends come over? The answer is no one! Thankfully, this 55 pound inversion table is able to be folded up quite easily and put away. That means when you’re done using it, in minutes you can have it packed up and stashed away in a closet.
Although its great inversion table, but has some drawbacks that we must mention.
First, this inversion table does not lockout and is not capable of inverting a full 180 degrees
Second, The pin security system can be problematic to people who are suffering from back pain, as it requires you to bend over
- Affordable price tag compared to other inversion tables offering the same kind of standards
- Stable unit that is made of quality material
- Comfortable backrest and ankle holders
- Adjustable tether allows for change in the incline and provides both stability and security
- Weight and height capacity cater for different users
- Simple, practical and easy to use
- Not easily foldable
- Heavy and bulky unit, which is not that great for storage purposes
- Lacks an ankle locking system that caters for people who suffer from back pain
5) Teeter EP-960 Inversion Table, 3rd Party Safety Certified Review – Buy On Amazon
If you are looking for a high quality inversion table, the Teeter EP-960 Inversion Table, 3rd Party Safety Certified Review should certainly be one that you consider. This table is more than just an inversion table, with features that enable you to perform exercises and strengthen your muscles and core. If you are looking to relive a backache, decompress your spine and encourage better blood circulation, relieve joint pain, strengthen your back, or improve your posture, the Teeter EP-960 Inversion Table can help.
With all of those benefits, design is a crucial element of the Teeter EP-960 Inversion Table. This model features an upgraded design over the older EP-950 and is constructed out of heavy gauge steel. With the heavy duty Teeter A-frame base coated with a scratch-resistant powder, this inversion table is built to last. Plus, fully assembled, it weighs an impressive 75.5 pounds. That might make it difficult to maneuver for storage, but it means that you are safe and secure while performing your inversion and other exercises.
The Teeter EP-960 Inversion Table can actually accommodate anyone from 4’8” to 6’6” and that is 2” more than most other models. It can also hold anyone that is up to 300 pounds. Assembly is a breeze, as the Teeter EP-960 Inversion Table comes 85% pre-assembled. The instructional DVD that comes makes the remaining set-up straightforward and simple, and even comes with stretching and strengthening exercise classes as well.
When choosing an inversion table you want a few things; quality build, safety, and comfort. With safety in mind, Teeter EP-960 Inversion Table also excels. This table was tested and certified by an independent product safety certification organization called UL®, so you can rest assured that you are safe. In addition to the strong UL1647 rating, this inversion table also comes with auto-locking hinges, pivot bearings, a camlock, and heat treated steel parts to keep you safe.
Comfort is also an area where the Teeter EP-960 Inversion Table is a step above the competition. In fact, this table is one of the most comfortable in industry because it flexes with the user. This enables a better inversion experience and relieved pressure on the back. The Stretch Max handles are another great feature that allow you to safely and easily invert and revert. You can also use them to perform stretching exercises to get even more from the inversion table.
As far as inverting goes, the Teeter EP-960 Inversion Table makes it simple. With the EZ Angle Tether Strap, you can adjust your inversion angle with simple arm movements. Plus, the EZ-Reach Ankle System and Ergo-Embrace Supports are a great and comfortable ankle support system.
- Heavy gauge steel construction
- EZ-Reach Ankle System is perfect for those with difficulty bending over
- Easy assembly as it comes 85% assembled
- Long Stretch Max Handles for assistance inverting
- Comes with an impressive 5 year warranty
- The table can also be used for core muscle strengthening and other exercises
- Easy to fold up
- UL safety rated
- On the more expensive end of inversion tables
- Weighs 75.5 pounds so it can be hard to move
6) Innova ITX9700 Memory Foam Inversion Table – Buy On Amazon
Another great option for an inversion table is the Innova ITX9700 Memory Foam Inversion Table. This sleek inversion table is affordable and packed with the comfort and extra features that you will love. Built to last with safety in mind, you can’t go wrong with the Innova ITX9700 Memory Foam Inversion Table.
The first thing to consider when looking for an inversion table is finding one that fits you. This inversion table—like most others—can be adjusted to accommodate someone from 4’10” to 6’6”. It can also support up to 300 pounds, so chances are that the Innova ITX9700 Memory Foam Inversion Table would work for you.
In addition to ensuring that the inversion table you select is a fit for your height and weight, you will also want a table that is safe. Again, the Innova ITX9700 Memory Foam Inversion Table delivers. This inversion table is built to last with a 1.5” square tube frame. It also utilizes a U-frame configuration that creates a stable foundation for the inversion table. In addition, the Innova ITX9700 Memory Foam Inversion Table also comes with extra-long handles with a no-slip grip. This increases your safety as you lift yourself back up from your inversion.
The Innova ITX9700 Memory Foam Inversion Table is also easy to adjust. Instead of a cheaper tether strap design, the Innova ITX9700 Memory Foam Inversion Table comes with a five-position locking pin to adjust your inversion angle. You can easily set the inversion angle to 15, 30, 45, 60 and 85 degrees. This quick and easy method will make using the Innova ITX9700 Memory Foam Inversion Table all the more enjoyable.
An inversion table also needs to be comfortable and the Innova ITX9700 Memory Foam Inversion Table has some great features here as well. The ankle holders are cups that encircle your ankle and hold you in place. These are comfortable and easy to operate. In addition, the backrest is comprised of memory foam with a removable head pillow. Plus, there is even a lumbar pad with a spot for a hot or cold compress. With an added curved rear stretch bar on the back, the Innova ITX9700 Memory Foam Inversion Table has everything you need for a great stretch.
When you are looking for an inversion table, the Innova ITX9700 Memory Foam Inversion Table should certainly be on your list of products to check out. With great safety and comfort features, you’ll have everything you need in an inversion table for a price you can afford.
- Adjustable, universal lumbar pillow with option for hot/cold compress
- Accommodative to different users of different heights and weight of up to 300 pounds
- Padded backrest and head pillow provide extra comfort
- Fair price tag compared to other brand’s offering the same sized unit
- Has a simple design making it practical and easy to use
- Warranty of 1 year gives quality assurance and peace of mind
- Pin design for ankle lock requires more bending
- This is not a foldable unit, causing it to have limited storage options
- Wear and tear of the memory foam may happen over time, which can be difficult to repair and replace
- Bulky equipment takes up a lot of space
7) IRONMAN IFT 4000 Infrared Therapy Inversion Table Review – Buy On Amazon
If you are looking for the Cadillac of inversion tables, the IRONMAN IFT 4000 Infrared Therapy Inversion Table clearly fits the bill. This is one of the most advanced inversion tables on the market and features a combination of an inversion table with the latest infrared technology.
What does that mean for you?
It means a deeply penetrating heat that creates a natural warmth while you are inverting. This relaxes the muscles in your back, soothing pain and allowing for a better stretch. Plus, the IRONMAN IFT 4000 Infrared Therapy Inversion Table comes with an LED controller that also features a timer so you can control temperature and duration of heat. This table is hard to beat, and we’re just getting started with the features it has to offer.
This well-built table is engineering for durability and strength. It features a tubular steel frame with a scratch-resistant finish. While the IRONMAN IFT 4000 Infrared Therapy Inversion Table does not come fully assembled, most users report that it’s able to be assembled in less than an hour. The instructions and parts are clear and well-labeled so you can assemble it quickly with confidence.
Plus, the IRONMAN IFT 4000 Infrared Therapy Inversion Table comes with non-skid rubber floor stabilizers to prevent movement while you are using it.
In addition, the IRONMAN IFT 4000 Infrared Therapy Inversion Table is also extremely comfortable. The backrest is an impressive 2.5 inches thick and features a rib-design for relieved pressure on your back. It also comes with extra-long padded handles that increase safety while you are pulling yourself upright. The ankle supports are also incredibly comfortable and easy to use. With a quick release ratchet ankle locking system, you can quickly and safely lock yourself into place without bending over. That’s crucial for people with back issues. Plus, the ankle holders boast an ergonomic design that combines safety and comfort for your inversion exercises.
The IRONMAN IFT 4000 Infrared Therapy Inversion Table features 3 adjustments for various starting inversion ankles. It can invert to a full 180 and it’s as easy as setting the ankle, resting your body against the backrest, and raising your hands over your head. You will then gradually be inverted to your pre-set angle. When you’re done using it, the IRONMAN IFT 4000 Infrared Therapy Inversion Table can easily fold up for storage.
This inversion table comes with a 1 year warranty and can accommodate anyone up to 350 pounds. This is heavier than many other inversion tables on the market. It is also height adjustable from 4’9” to 6’6”. If you are looking for a great inversion table, the IRONMAN IFT 4000 Infrared Therapy Inversion Table is one to consider.
- Inverts to a full 180 degrees
- Features infrared technology to heat, sooth, and relax your back
- Easy to fold up for storage
- Comes with a quick release ratchet ankle locking system for comfort and safety
- Adjustable from 4’9” to 6’6” with a weight capacity of 350 pounds
- Comfortable 2.5” thick cushioned and ribbed backrest
- More expensive that most other inversion tables
8) Innova ITM4800 Advanced Heat and Massage Therapeutic – Buy On Amazon
Another solid option for an inversion table is the Innova ITM4800 Advanced Heat and Massage Therapeutic Inversion Table. This table boasts all the features of a high quality inversion table with the added benefit of heat and vibration. With custom controls right at your fingertips, the Innova ITM4800 Advanced Heat and Massage Therapeutic Inversion Table has everything you need.
The Innova ITM4800 Advanced Heat and Massage Therapeutic Inversion Table is built to last. It comes with a sturdy steel frame that is heavy duty. It also features non-slip rubber pads to keep the inversion table from moving about while you’re using it. This also protects your floors from scrapes and scratches. It also comes with extra-long handles that help you safely raise back up after your inversion.
The great thing about the Innova ITM4800 Advanced Heat and Massage Therapeutic Inversion Table is that it is extremely comfortable. Not only does it come with an extra-long and wide backrest made of energy foam, it also boasts padded ankle holders. With the heat and massage elements, you’ll feel like you’re at the spa every time you lay down. Plus, the heat and massage elements come in an adjustable lumbar pad, so even taller or shorter users can benefit from the relaxing and healing feature.
Inverting with the Innova ITM4800 Advanced Heat and Massage Therapeutic Inversion Table is also simple. The system features a pin-locking mechanism for inversion instead of the older leather strap method. The Innova ITM4800 Advanced Heat and Massage Therapeutic Inversion Table comes with a five pin locking mechanism that allows you to set a consistent and concerted angle every time you utilize the inversion table. This means that you can comfortably enjoy a stable angle without the hassle oflowering yourself by a strap every time. For newer users, this is crucial.
As far as inversion tables go, the Innova ITM4800 Advanced Heat and Massage Therapeutic Inversion Table is simply one of the best. It is able to be adjusted for users ranging from 4’10” to 6’6” and in addition, it can also accommodate people up to 300 pounds. With the added benefit of heat and vibration, you can achieve the back pain relief that you have been so desperately searching for. Throughout your search for the best inversion table, be sure that the Innova ITM4800 Advanced Heat and Massage Therapeutic Inversion Table is on your list to consider.
- Sturdy steel frame that is heavy duty
- Heat and massage therapeutic technology
- Adjustable lumbar pad
- Extra-long handles for added safety when coming out of an inversion
- Five position side inversion pins for easy adjustments with no straps needed
- Upsized foam backrest and removable headrest
- Features comfortable padded ankle supports
- Adjusts from 4’10” to 6’6”
- 300 pound weight capacity
- Assembly is required and can take some time
9) Invertio Premium Folding Inversion – Buy On Amazon
As far as inversion tables go, the Invertio Inversion Table – Back Stretcher Machine for Pain Relief Therapy is a great option. This table is high quality and comes with a variety of features that you’ll want in a budget inversion table.
At first glance, the Invertio Inversion Table Back Stretcher Machine doesn’t look like much, but you don’t buy an inversion table for the looks, do you? In fact, the sleek black design makes it less noticeable if you’re unable to store it away before company comes over. Although, the Invertio Inversion Table Back Stretcher Machine does come with an easy fold design so you should be able to quickly fold it flat and store it.
When it comes to flexibility, the Invertio Inversion Table Back Stretcher Machine offers the same customization that most other inversion tables do. The table extends from 5’1” to 6’6”. It can also support up to 300 pounds, meaning it’s a good fit for most users.
Something else that that the Invertio Inversion Table Back Stretcher Machine provides is exceptional comfort. The backrest is contoured and passed, and even comes with a headrest pillow that is removable. The ankle holder is also comfortable, featuring four soft rollers that are padded for your comfort. These eight-way adjustable ankle supports let you create custom and comfortable hold to keep you hanging securely while you invert.
It is also very easy to operate the Invertio Inversion Table Back Stretcher Machine with its preset bolt system. Some tables utilize a strap-style system, but this is an older and less effective method. With the Invertio Inversion Table Back Stretcher Machine, you can set everything to place, secure it, and then hop on the table.
When it comes to safety, you want to be sure that whatever inversion table you select has the best features available. The Invertio Inversion Table Back Stretcher Machine does. Along with pre-set locking mechanisms to keep your safe, the Invertio Inversion Table Back Stretcher Machine also has extra-long 34 inch handrails that are padded and soft. This allows you to maintain control and comfort when you pull yourself upright after stretching. In addition, the Invertio Inversion Table Back Stretcher Machine comes with non-skid, non-slip feet. That ensures you will not slide around while you’re using the inversion table nor will your floor get damaged.
When looking for the best inversion table available, the Invertio Inversion Table Back Stretcher Machine clearly makes the cut. Along with a heavy duty 1.25” steel tubing frame and a variety of safety features and added specs, this inversion table has everything you need.
- Extends to 6’6” for taller users
- 300 pound weight capacity
- 1.25” heavy steel tube frame
- Non-skid, non-marring pads to keep you and your floor safe
- Folds up easily for convenient storage
- Pre-set locking mechanism for safe inverting
- Extra-long and padded handrails
- Contoured and padded backrest with removable headrest pillow
- At 5’1”, has a higher minimum height than most other tables
10) Merax Vibration Massage & Heat Comfort Inversion Table – Buy On Amazon
If you’re looking for a quality inversion table in a reasonable price, then the Merax Inversion table shouldn’t be overlooked. For a price of $179.99, this table comes with so many features that it’s undoubtedly the best value for money.
It also has a neck support and a back realignment device which can be purchased for $17.95 and $39.95 respectively. Overall, it’s one of the best in the market and will go a long way not just in reducing back pain but helping you live healthier.
The first thing you note when looking at the table is colored in red, instead of the standard blue color which almost all inversion tables use. This is a matter of personal choice, the red color is mostly associated with excitement, strength and power. Personally I love this design!
Merax wanted to make their inversion experience more comfortable than others so they came up with removable vibration heat and massager that suppose to reduce pressure on you back while using it. It comes with an ultra-thick backrest giving it a level of comfort few others can compete with.
One of the biggest benefits of the Merax inversion table is that it is easy to use. The adjustable angles are easily done even by someone who is lying down. and the same could be said of its massage and heating feature activations.
Another cool feature we should note is the Pivot arm placement which allows you to have total control over the table’s movements, such as invert according to your arm movement, or stay balanced during inversion.
This table has a width of 26 inches which ensures that people of all sizes are covered and receive the massage on their abdomen. Despite its strong frame, it’s light enough that it can be moved with ease.
One possible issue that we might have with the Merax is that its maximum height is 6’3 which is 3” shorter than other models here. That may cause a problem for tall people. Also the Merax is not designed for heavy users as it maximum weight capacity is around 300lbs – not suitable for all heavy users.
- A removable vibration heat and massager that is effective in reducing back pain and stress
- Thick Back Support that makes it super comfortable
- Long handles
- Pivot arm placement which gives total control
- Easily movable with 2 wheels
- Does not provide a full inversion option
- Vertical lumber – maybe be hard for some users
Inversion Buying Guide: My 12-Point checklist of factors you must consider before buying you next inversion table!
When you are buying an inversion table, it’s not as simple as walking into a store and buying the first one you see. When you’re hanging upside down on a table, there are many things that you need to consider, like the quality of build and safety. In fact, where you are buying an inversion table that are many features that you should consider before purchasing, including:
1. Safety Rating Something else to keep in mind is how safe an inversion table is. You will be clipping or strapping in and essentially hanging upside down so you need to be sure that the inversion table you select is safe. Finding an inversion table with a third-party certification from UL is one way to know the table has been tested and is safe. Other additional safety features include non-slip floor pads and a heavy duty frame that can support your weight and won’t wobble.
2. Inversion Angles & Type of Inversion System You will also want to look at the inversion angles and type of inversion system that the table uses. Some tables have pre-set locking mechanisms where you specify your angles and then invert, while others utilize a leather strap system that allows you to invert as you go. Also, some tables do not go all the way to 180 degrees, so if that is something that you need be sure to check. Pin locking mechanisms are the more advanced and safe inversion method, but some people don’t like that you can only invert to preset angles.
3. Quality of Materials You are going to be hanging upside down in this contraption, so it should probably be built well, right? That is why you should look for an inversion table that has a sturdy steel or carbon fiber frame. Any inversion tables featuring a plastic frame are something that you should probably steer clear of for safety reasons.
4. Weight Capacity The next thing that you should look for is the weight capacity of an inversion table. Every table is rated for a certain maximum weight limit and if you are over the limit, it’s not the right—or safe—option for you. Most tables are rated for at least 300 pounds, but some can go up to 350 pounds.
5. Height Adjustments Another factor to consider is the height adjustments that each table offers. Every table has a specific height range they can safely accommodate and this needs to be adhered to. These typically range from 4 feet 10 inches to 6 feet 6 inches, but some tables range higher or lower so be sure to check before purchasing or you might get stuck with a table that doesn’t fit you.
6. Comfort Comfort is another essential factor to consider when purchasing an inversion table. It comes in many different forms as well. Things you need to look at are whether the inversion table has back pads, and if so, how thick they are. You will also need to look at the padding on the handles and ankle supports to ensure that you’ll be comfortable while utilizing the inversion table. Chance are if you’re not comfortable, you won’t use it and will miss out on all of the benefits.
7. Back Pads When you are looking at an inversion table you should take a close look at the back pads before purchasing. The first question to ask yourself is, does it have back pads? Then you will want to look at how thick they are, what material they are made of, if they are easy to clean, and whether or not they have adjustable lumbar support and head rests. These are all important to keep in mind.
8. Portability Unless you have a home gym or designated exercise room, when you’re done using an inversion table you likely want to be able to pack it up and easily store it. Most inversion tables fold in half to make them easy to store, but some are easier to operate than others. You should also look at how heavy an inversion table is because they can be up to 70 or 80 pounds, which might be difficult to move on your own.
9. Ankle Support Most of your weight will be on your ankles, especially if you are doing a full inversion, so you want to check out what kind of ankle support each inversion table has. Some have cuffs that clip around your ankles to distribute the weight evenly, whereas others feature a set of bars that you slide your feet between. One isn’t necessarily better than the other, it depends on your preference.
10. Motor Something else that you will want to look at is whether or not an inversion table has a motor. Most of the lower end models are rotated by the user, but the higher priced models sometimes have motors that invert the table at the flip of a switch. For older users with extremely bad backs and limited mobility and flexibility, a motor might be the way to go.
11. Warranty Inversion tables aren’t necessarily cheap, so you should check out the warranty offered by the manufacturer. Most tables come with a standard 1 year warranty, but some are known to stretch to 5 years, which is a great bonus! Again, this isn’t make or break, but it’s something to consider.
12. Added Features While we go into the basic features above, something else to look at is added features that an inversion table might have, such as built in heat or massage capabilities or massage. Some also have pockets where you can slip your own heat or cold pack into to soothe and relieve your back.
What is an inversion table?
An inversion table it somewhat like an interactive chair, but you’re laying down instead of sitting down. Essentially, it’s a flat padded table with cushioned braces for your ankles and handles for controlling the movement. The table is situated on hinges that allow it to swivel up and down. It also features adjustment options for people of different heights. When you lay back on an inversion table, you can adjust the angle or flip yourself completely upside down.
Do inversion tables work?
While inversion tables don’t cure the cause of lower back pain, they do provide some relief. The purpose of this table is to allow the joints, bones and muscles to decompress by taking the weight off your feet. Gravity naturally pulls on you and helps release tension in lower body parts such as the hips, lower back and hamstrings. You can choose to hang completely upside down or adjust the angle to be less extreme.
What are the benefits of having your own inversion table?
Owning your own inversion table saves you money. Instead of spending hundreds of dollars a month at the chiropractor, you can reduce that cost by investing in one of these tables. Some models are fold-able for travel between home and your office. When you own a table, you don’t have to wait for an appointment to experience some pain relief. Additionally, the use of an inversion table at home has the potential to replace your daily pain medication which benefits your liver health as well.
Are there any negative side effects?
Inversion table therapy doesn’t usually produce harmful side effects. However, those with certain medical conditions are advised to avoid these tables. Since they do contribute to a slight increase in blood pressure, if you have high blood pressure, heart issues or glaucoma, it’s important to ask your physician before you start an inversion therapy program.
How an inversion table works
In this therapy, you lie on an inversion table and hang either completely or partially upside down to promote traction on the spine. This kind of therapy is nowadays being used by physical therapists, chiropractors, and can also be bought to be used at home. They often provide relief to your body in the most natural way. Basically, they work on the principle that what goes up must come down.
This therapy works best when used slowly. It not only relaxes the muscles but also relieves pain. It also tones sagging muscles and improves blood circulation in the body. There are often two types of inversion tables -motorized tables and manually operated tables. While using inversion tables, you need to vary them according to your requirement.
How do you know whether it’s appropriate for you?
Before settling on the therapy you should have a physician check any chronic or serious back pain. For instance, if you have been involved in an accident you need to be properly examined to check the kind of treatment required to reduce pain. If you have minor backaches you may experiment carefully with this therapy. Remember, inversion table which works for one person may not work for another due to weight differences. When choosing the best therapy, select the one that suits your weight. Always avoid using tables that do not support your weight as this could lead to serious injuries.
So do inversion tables work? To some extent. But you need to be careful when choosing the one that suits you.
Inversion therapy is a great complimentary practice to relieve lower back pain. Most professionals recommend using inversion tables in conjunction with regular exercise and other healthy habits to improve the condition of your spine and joints.
What are the benefits of inversion tables ?
Have you ever asked yourself what the benefits of inversion tables are? Statistics indicate that more-and-more people are choosing this device as away of improving their lifestyle. Before investing in one you need to understand the various benefits of lying on the table with your head in a lower position than the rest of your body. So, what are the key benefits?
Relieves Joint Pressure
Gravity puts a lot of pressure on joints such as knees, ankles, hips and many others. And due to this, a person will over time experience soreness, discomfort or pressure on the various joints. This table reduces the pressure placed on this joints by placing the body at an inverted angle. The user’s head may be at a lower level that the lower body and this takes off the excess pressure than may be affecting the joints.
Reduces Nerve Pressure
Standing and walking in an upright position also exerts lots of strain and pressure on different nerves and tissues in the body. However, many people are not aware of this yet they complain about fatigue, soreness or feeling numb at times. Inversion therapy which relies on this table aims and reducing the pressure on the nerves. When done right you will experience the positive effects in a shorter time. Also, you become more energetic, relaxed and in better mood.
Eliminates Back Pain
How often do you experience or complain about pain in the back? Do you know that this pain which never seems to go away even after seeking medical advise may be caused by the gravitational forces on your body? The back and spine support and control the upper body. However, because or poor sitting, walking, sleeping or standing posture, many people will complain of back pain. One way of eliminating this pain is by using an inversion table. It enables you to lie in the correct position while at an angle hence stimulating the soothing and healing of nerves, muscles and tisuues located in the spine and back.
Dealing with Muscle Spasm
Muscle spasm can be quite painful and affects many people. This condition occurs due to the rapid expansion and contraction of muscles. It may also be caused by overstretching the muscles. Most treatments in the market offer short-term relief meaning the affected person has to regularly seek treatment . However, inversion therapy is known to offer longer lasting solution since it targets the underlying cause and not the symptoms. In addition to reducing the occurrence it also lessens the pain incase they occur.
Decompressing the Spinal Disc
The gravitational force and poor postures greatly affect the spinal discs which form part of the spine or backbone. Symptoms of this condition include arching or bending the back, discomfort on the backbone as well as sudden pain when making sudden movement. Some people have also suffered from poor mobility because of a rigid spine. An inversion table helps in decompression the spinal discs, joints as well as re-aligning the backbone. This eliminates any pain and discomfort and also improves the spine’s mobility and elasticity.
Feeling tired and tense, experiencing discomfort or excessive v nerve pressure are symptoms of poor circulation in the body. For it function properly, the circulation of blood , air(oxygen) and other compounds need to be perfect. Unfortunately, the systems such as cardiovascular or respiratory may be forced to work overtime because of blockage inside the vessels, veins and nerves. Inversion therapy helps open up the airways, blood vessels and other veins thus allowing more air and blood to flow more freely. When this happens, a person will be in better mood, high energy, and more relaxed.
Enhances Distribution of Nutrients
Inversion tables help in improving the supply as well as distribution of nutrients in the body. Many people who seek medical services after experiencing joint pains, back aches, nerve pressure or painful muscle spasm are told that there body lacks sufficient nutrients. Usually, most of the nutrients are not used in side the body but are expelled from the body as waste . Inversion therapy helps boost the distribution of the nutriemts.
The above list summarizes some of the main benefits you get by lying on the table in an inverted position. You strengthen and stretch your spine, eliminate back pain, boost circulation, and enhance the supply and distribution of nutrients in the body. Furthermore, your spinal disc and joints get decompressed, the nerve pressure reduces, and you have less painful muscle spasms. It’s vital to start slowly and increase the angle gradually. Don’t do more than 15 degrees or remain in a position for more than 5 minutes. Also, ensure the inversion table is of high quality.